Tuesday, April 03, 2007

BTP, Mafia and an Utterly Confused, Senti Guy

I never imagined that being in the fourth year could be such a testing experience. In fact, I thought just the reverse. After all, there is just the BTP to do, I thought. Well, as it turns out, the freedom offered by the final semester is deceptive. One believes in his/her abilities and relies on completing the project sometime. The problem is that this elusive "time" never comes. Towards the end, all you have is an utterly anxious student. Add to this anxiety the pain of leaving a very blissful life. Life without any cares, the protection of parents and most importantly, all the time in the world to do anything one wishes. The result is a person who is on the verge of an emotional breakdown(By the way, that's me).
So when a few days back my roommate suggested that we play mafia at 1:00 in the night, I thought he had gone mad. But then, I had nothing better to do(my computer had crashed so I could not watch movies. The BTP does not count.) so I agreed. Somehow(With some help from the almighty), we were able to gather enough people, and more importantly, explain the rules of the game to them. The next four hours were some of the most relaxed ones I had spent in a long time. For once, I did not have BTP on my mind or the apprehensions about my future or this whole question about weather I was going to die of some fatal disease before the girl of my dream finds out that I love her.
I don't know why but it was after a long time that I felt alive again. I wanted to take on this world, just like a few months ago when I believed in certian principles, when I had certain heroes and that infinite amount of energy to rise after every fall. I don't know what the game did to me but even with those fallen heroes, those unclear principles and the realisation of the fact that I am a mere mortal, I want to rejuvinate myself. I want to live with hope and not hoplessness. I want to enjoy both victories and failures. I want to live every moment that I have, even if it is one of the last that I spend as an undergaduate. I think that its all about hope. And none captures the virtues of hope better than "Shawshank Redemption" which says that "Hope is a good thing and no good thing ever dies".

3 comments:

Amit said...

"whether I was going to die of some fatal disease before the girl of my dream finds out that I love her"

I always knew you had it in you..
btw I know whos the girl of your dreams..

probably some night, close to the day we all will disintegrate into separate atoms, all of us will talk to each other.. heart inside-out, then you can tell the rest who she is.

;)

Ujj said...

last comment was by me.

Chintan Agarwal said...

Ya, I guess its difficult to talk about such things ;).