Sunday, July 09, 2006

Clockwork Orange

Today two of my friends went home. It feels pretty lonely here at college with most of the friends at home, the remaining few of us just pass our time lazily. Of course, I am to blame for it as I doomed myself to the toughest and the most hectic three months of my life with a workshop and a really grilling internship. But then I wonder if it is worth it. The "rational" mind that I have been destined to develop through my 18 years of education says that that's the best I could do. After all I need recommendations and papers in order to get through to good universities abroad, don't I? But then I really wonder if its worth it. You know, working so hard, living away from parents and all. I guess I am doing all this because I enjoy putting myself into trouble, that's the only way to make one's life a bit interesting(and challenging), otherwise its all the same. Its just like being a clockwork orange. And believe me, that's something I really dread.

No comments: